Re: [AMBER] sander API data structure

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 11:03:21 -0400

Hi,

I don't think passing topology parameters directly is officially
supported. A brief glance through sander.h shows that there is what
looks like a topology structure and corresponding function calls:

struct: prmtop_struct
functions: sander_setup2 (2 versions)

However, they don't appear to be documented or tested, so I would use
these with extreme caution.

FWIW, cpptraj makes use of the sander API by using the "officially"
supported method of passing in a topology name. Since this only has to
be done once the actual overhead is minimal since the topology stays
in memory after the setup call.

-Dan