Re: [AMBER] How to generate inputfile

From: 杨满意 <ymy0664.163.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:34:59 +0800 (CST)

Dear David:

>The mass needs to be the correct mass, and vdW parameters can probably be
>estimated from the difference between S and Se. (Have you done the literature
>search that I suggested? There are several force fields available that cover
>the entire periodic table.) Unless you are using GB, dummy values can be
>given for those.
         I have adopted your suggestion as following:
    Step1: using antechamber to create a library for C6H5IS, in this step, I got the SeON.mol2 file,
and then I hand-edit this file to move S back to Se (both atom and atom type) as following:
old: 1 S 2.7480 5.6950 7.0770 ss 1 SEO 0.000000
new: 1 SE 2.7480 5.6950 7.0770 se 1 SEO 0.000000
 Step2: using parmchk (not parmchk2) to creat the SeON.frcmod file. In this file there are some
"ATTN, need revision" terms. Then manunal change the MASS flag (Se mass )and NONBOND flag
parameters. It's NONBOND flag means vdW parameters? How to estimate the vdW parameters of
Se from S. The follwoing is vdW parameters for S, How about Se.
s 1.9825 0.2824
The vdW parameters will have a great influence on our MD results?
Step3 : After step1 and step2, I use tleap to generate SeON.prmtop and SeON.incrad files. In this case,
whether the SeON.prmtop is reliable for QM (or QM/MM, other solvent for MM) MD simulation.
I don't know where I have understanding your suggestions? Important files are presented in attachment.
Sorry, I still cannot understanding this sentence: "There are several force fields available that cover the entire periodic table"
I am purpose to write a automatic program to generate inputfile for QM/MM MD dimulation input files for different systems which contain
some atoms without GAFF fore filed parameteres. So I need your more suggestions, thanks very much.

Best wishes!