Re: [AMBER] How to generate inputfile

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:54:26 -0500

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017, 杨满意 wrote:

> Substituting sulfur for selenium and then hand-edit the files to
> move S back to Se

> Maybe this is a good solutions for this systems, but I still have a question:
> As described in AMBER 2016 Manual (Page 145):"QM/MM calculations
> without link atoms require mass, charges, van der Waals and GB radii
> in the prmtop
> file. All bonds, angles, and dihedrals parameters involving QM atoms are
> neglected. In the case of electrostatic embedding the charges are also
> neglected."
> Is this sentence means that mass, van der Waals and GB radii are
> requried for both QM and MM regions?

Yes.

> If so, "hand-edit the files to move S back to Se" should change the
> mass, van der Waals and GB radii of S back to Se. Where can I get these
> correct parameters.

The mass needs to be the correct mass, and vdW parameters can probably be
estimated from the difference between S and Se. (Have you done the literature
search that I suggested? There are several force fields available that cover
the entire periodic table.) Unless you are using GB, dummy values can be
given for those.

...good luck...dac