Re: [AMBER] Problems about membrane protein simulation

From: ÎâÃÈ <wumeng.shanghaitech.edu.cn>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 08:14:51 +0000

Hi,
  I have followed http://archive.ambermd.org/201603/0160.html to use cpptraj to convert the .rst, but the last step 'trajout ###.pdb' kept in 'Writing ### as PDB' state and reported without any errors. Actually, it is my first time to use amber to simulate membrane protein, so besides the above problem, I have two more questions that confused me so much, Q1: In my knowledge, the membrane proteins simulate with the charmm force field commonly, I am not sure whether the amber force field is suitable for membrane proteins or not, and need I add the charmm force field to amber? If I need, how to do it? Q2: Go back to the original problem, I put restraints on protein and POPC molecules at the same time in 'Heat.in',

> restraint_wt=10.0
> restraintmask=':1-486 & !.H=',

is it acceptable to do so? My thought is to restrain the protein and membrane in the whole heating process(NVT), and then release it by decreasing restraints in the early period of the production MD process(NPT), so if this practice is right or not for the membrane protein? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Very Much!

Sincerely,
Wu Meng

Message: 21