Re: [AMBER] tLeap and acetonitrile/chloroform solvation

From: Luka Bilić <Luka.Bilic.irb.hr>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 09:17:51 +0100

Thank you for your reply.

By using information from your reply (with some trial and error) I was
able to get to the point I desired. Since I'm used to using programs
with complete GUI Amber is quite a joyful challenge.

I realised what was the problem when I was making .frcmod files. It's
not trivial to create .mol2 file from Gaussian09 .log file. Openbabel
software provided me with a proper .mol2 file. In other words I
converted Gaussian09 .log file into .mol2 using Openbabel and this in
return gave me complete .mol2 file from which I was able to make
non-empty .frcmod file.
For now this is not so important, Gaff2 has everything I currently
need. However later when (if?) I will be doing some things in unusual
solvents I might need to play with some solvent parameters.

Anyway, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
I hope I will be able to return to favor one day.

Yours Luka