Re: [AMBER] compile Amber16 with the intel compiler

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:49:50 -0400

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

> The environment for the intel compiler is loaded on top of the basis
> which includes gcc 4.8.5 ... This means that the list of directories to
> search for .h files (I called these "include" directories or "include
> list") begins with those from intel ("last" loaded)... Then, the gcc
> compiler will find the intel .h files first and will try to use those
> ... I guess this is what is happening ....

Understood, but where is this list stored? In some environment variable? The
gcc invocation for FEW has no "-I" flag, so gcc should be looking in standard
paths:

  https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Search-Path.html

Further, installation of the Intel compiler suite should not disable gcc.
I suspect that there is something quite odd about your setup.

That said, Amber should be repecting the CC variable requested at configure
time.

....dac