Re: [AMBER] GB-neck2 MD with nucleic acids

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:48:00 -0400

Hi

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Kasprzak, Wojciech (NIH/NCI) [C] <
kasprzaw.mail.nih.gov> wrote:

> Dear Amber Users,
>
> Following the advice from Carlos and Hai on the latest GB-neck2 option
> for running nuclei acids simulations with
> implicit solvent, our applications admin updated Amber14 to update.12
> (and more), but when I used tleap and ran
> a quick equilibration, the RNA fell apart immediately, indicating wrong
> parameters.

> libraries for RNA, a list of *12.lib files and
> atomic_ions.lib and solvents.lib.
>
> Command " set default PBradii mbondi3" response is "Using ArgH and
> AspGlu0 modified Bondi2 radii." There is not hint
> of any nucleic acid-specific modifications.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that mbondi2 and mbondi3 are identical for
nucleic acid (only different for protein as you saw). So you did correctly.

> GB was run with igb=8, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0 and saltcon=1.0. I understand
> that offset does not need to be specified (unlike in the GB-HCT protocol).

Yes, users should always use default igb=8 parameters.

Do you see below line in your mdout (to make sure you actually use updated
code)

gb_alpha_hnu = 0.53705, gb_beta_hnu = 0.36286, gb_gamma_hnu =
0.11670

If yes, how does your RNA look like?
Simulation of nucleic acid in implicit solvent is very challenging, so it
is likely that igb=8 does not do a good job here.

Hai