[AMBER] GB-neck2 MD with nucleic acids

From: Kasprzak, Wojciech (NIH/NCI) [C] <"Kasprzak,>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:29:48 +0000

Dear Amber Users,

Following the advice from Carlos and Hai on the latest GB-neck2 option for running nuclei acids simulations with
 implicit solvent, our applications admin updated Amber14 to update.12 (and more), but when I used tleap and ran
a quick equilibration, the RNA fell apart immediately, indicating wrong parameters.

atomic_ions.lib and solvents.lib.

Command " set default PBradii mbondi3" response is "Using ArgH and AspGlu0 modified Bondi2 radii." There is not hint
of any nucleic acid-specific modifications. GB was run with igb=8, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0 and saltcon=1.0. I understand
that offset does not need to be specified (unlike in the GB-HCT protocol).

It would appear that that I am not reading the new and improved mbondi3 parameters for nucleic acids and proteins.
 How should I proceed from here?

Thank you in advance, Voytek Kasprzak

Wojciech (Voytek) Kasprzak (Contractor)
Analyst Programmer,
Basic Science Program,
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR)
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846 5537
http://binkley2.ncifcrf.gov/users/kasprzak