Re: [AMBER] GB-neck2 MD with nucleic acids

From: Kasprzak, Wojciech (NIH/NCI) [C] <"Kasprzak,>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 19:09:59 +0000

Hai,

I am trying to compare the GB-neck2 protocol to the GB-HCT (for which I see decent, but
not perfect results, as would be expected). Based on your 2015 paper, the results should
improve with the new mbondi3/igb=8. The fact that my RNA nanocube begins to fall apart
in minimization and does not even look like RNA after a few equilibration steps makes me
suspicious about the parameters read-into leap and/or binary I am using.

I do not see any of the gb_alpha_hnu = 0.53705, gb_beta_hnu = 0.36286,
gb_gamma_hnu = 0.11670 in the output file, but it is not clear to me if things failed in leap or
are ignored in pmemd.cuda.
Is there something I could check in the prmtop or inpcrd files created in tleap to isolate the issue
better?

Thank you, Voytek

Wojciech (Voytek) Kasprzak (Contractor)
Analyst Programmer,
Basic Science Program,
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR)
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846 5537
http://binkley2.ncifcrf.gov/users/kasprzak