Re: [AMBER] Structural refinement of the protein complexed with metalo-ions

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:44:47 +0200

The question is just simply is it possible via tleap parametrize
protein with ions taken both from given pdb obtaining rough model for
first instance

e.g I have pdb consisted of protein with several ions embedded within
specified bound sites
I found that params for the ions are present within the ff03 thus
creating input :

set default PBradii mbondi2
source leaprc.ff03.r1
source leaprc.gaff
protein = loadpdb my.pdb
addions protein Na+ 0
addions protein Cl- 0
setbox protein centers
solvateBox protein 10.0
check protein
saveamberparm protein protein.parm7 protein.inpcrd
savepdb protein out.pdb
quit

eventually I obtained from tleap

 Checking parameters for unit 'protein'.
Checking for bond parameters.
Checking for angle parameters.
check: Errors: 5 Warnings: 18
Checking Unit.
FATAL: Atom .R<CU 898>.A<CU 1> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MG 899>.A<MG 1> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<CA 900>.A<CA 1> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<CU 901>.A<CU 1> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<CU 902>.A<CU 1> does not have a type.

Is it possible to add params for the ions for such input?

Thanks!

James