[AMBER] adding missing ligand records to $AMBERHOME/dat/reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt

From: Jose Manuel Gally <jose-manuel.gally.univ-orleans.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:48:14 +0200

Dear Amber community,

I would like to correct some ligand protonation using the reduce command.

However, my ligand (5QM) is not in the
$AMBERHOME/dat/reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt file, so reduce cannot process it.

I checked the Chemical Component Dictionary
(ftp://ftp.wwpdb.org/pub/pdb/data/monomers/components.cif), my ligand
topology is actually defined there.
The two files differ by their format, so I cannot just copy the missing
ligand record into the $AMBERHOME/dat/reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt file.

I would like to add my missing ligand by either:
     - convert the Chemical Component Dictionary file in a format
readable by reduce
     - update the $AMBERHOME/dat/reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt file

Any suggestion?
Second option might be tricky for me as I work behind a proxy.

Thank you in advance for your replies and have a great day.

Best regards,
Jose Manuel
--
José-Manuel Gally