Re: [AMBER] Library errors while using NAB on Amber16

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:53:19 -0400

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016, Slava Chushak wrote:

> Here is a nab script:
>
> molecule m;
> string seq;
> seq = "ATGGCCAATG";
> m = link_na("1", seq, "", "DNA", "35");
> putpdb( "DNA.pdb", m );
>
> Got an error message "Residue T not in library nab10.lib."

Wow...I'm guessing no one has used link_na() in this way for half a decade or
so. The code is using a old,old,old way of distinguishing between DNA
and RNA, back from the days when the PDB itself didn't distinguish between
A and DA (calling both "ADE").

See the attached patch file: there are only three lines to be added, so
you can do this by hand, or do this:

   cd $AMBERHOME
   patch -p0 < link_na.patch

In either case, type "make install in the $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/nab
directory.

This works for me for you example above. Also works for RNA (changing T
to U). Let me know if you find problems. I'll post an update soon.

Thanks for the report.

....dac