Re: [AMBER] Distorted and clumped structures after cpptraj average structure calculation

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 13:44:15 +0200

Dear Prayagraj,

averaging a MD trajectory will most often produce distorted structures.

A better approach for the identification of the most important
conformations is clustering, which yields 'reasonable' structures, i.e.
cluster representatives.
See the Amber manual on cpptraj for more details and examples.

Regards,

Anselm