[AMBER] Distorted and clumped structures after cpptraj average structure calculation

From: Prayagraj Fandilolu <fprayagraj.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:22:57 +0530

Hi everyone,

I am analysing a MD trajectory for average and snapshot structures using
cpptraj.

I have performed 50ns of MD with the following parameters. There are total
2500 frames in my trajectory.

ntx=1, irest=0, ntpr=1000, ntwx=10000, ntwr=100000,

ntf=2, ntb=2, cut=9.0, nsnb=10,

ntr=0,

imin=0, nstlim=25000000, dt=0.002

I am using following average.in script for calculating the average
structure.

/

trajin md.crd

average 2180-2500.pdb pdb start 2180 stop 2500 .1-66

strip:WAT

/

The pdb which I get after processing shows much more overlapped and
distorted structure.

I want to calculate the averages over frames 2180-2500 (nearly 40-50ns) in
batches of 5 or 10 frames per structure and also the overall average
structure.

What input should I design so as to get clear average structures with no
distortions?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Mr. Prayagraj Fandilolu
Research Scholar,