Re: [AMBER] pulling a zn ion with SMD

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 12:04:42 +0300

Dear Himanshu,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Aas far as I understand, if I use residues from the transporter itself, that will affect the dynamics of the tunnel exit and even can bias the simulation, do you think I can use a water molecule far from the entrance? (so I can allow water to enter the channel and rescue the ion, that is the mechanism I think) and apply to it a large restraint force?

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

Fabian Glaser
Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il