Re: [AMBER] pulling a zn ion with SMD

From: Himanshu Joshi <himanshuphy87.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:58:57 +0000

Hi Fabian,
 I think its not necessary to define dummy atom. You can specify
an atom or a group of atoms in the direction where you want to
pull the ions. Next, use the distance restraints between the ions and
group in that direction. Apply high harmonic restraints to that group so
that ions can move in the desired direction. I hope that will solve you
purpose.
AMBER manual and mailing list also have useful discussion regarding SMD
protocols,
Here is one tutorial on SMD simulation in AMBER,

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial26/section2.html
HTH

With Regards
Himanshu Joshi