Re: [AMBER] Query: extracting protons from trajectory/coordinate file

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:18:27 -0700

Hi,

You can remove all atoms except hydrogens from your system with the
following cpptraj script:

parm <topology file>
trajin <coordinate file>
strip !(.H=)
trajout <output trajectory name>

where <topology file> is your topology file, <coordinate file> is your
trajectory (for a PDB these are the same file), and <output trajectory
name> is your output trajectory. You can write into any format cpptraj
supports - see the manual for details.

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 4:52 AM, Madhura De <madhurade.yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello!
> I use Amber14 suite. I am about to do an NMR refinement of a DNA duplex and will be using IRMA (http://www.nmr.chem.uu.nl/Software/irma.php). The input file for IRMA requires only protons to be extracted from all-atom coordinate or trajectory file.Can you tell me the command by which I can extract only the protons from mdcrd or pdb file?
> MadhuraBose InstituteIndia

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah