Re: [AMBER] unable to generate Mercury parameter file

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:14:09 -0800

I suspect a tutorial will describe how to set up an ion. Basically, the
coordinates can be 0, 0, 0; the atom type must be mapped to an element;
and R* and epsilon parameters must be provided for the atom type. Here
is an old paper that derives parameters for different ions in complex
with DNA:

     Ion-Induced Stabilization of the G-DNA Quadruplex: Free Energy
     Perturbation Studies. W.S. Ross and C.C. Hardin
     Journal of the American Chemical Society 116, 6070 (1994).

Bill