Re: [AMBER] Li & Mertz ion parameters

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:38:35 -0500

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Vlad Cojocaru <
vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de> wrote:

> Did anyone use the 12-6-4 set in NAMD ? Is NAMD able to read the
> additional lines necessary in the AMBER topology files ?

​I'm pretty sure if you want to use the 12-6-4 potential, you have two
option is OpenMM. ParmEd has an "OpenMM" action that will behave like
sander and pmemd (it will read sander input files and run an equivalent
simulation with OpenMM). If you have a 12-6-4 potential set there, then it
should use that correctly. This is described in the Amber manual.

No other code out there supports this​

​potential form (at least that I'm aware of).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher