[AMBER] Li & Mertz ion parameters

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:51:06 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to hear some thoughts on the use of the new Li & Mertz ion
parameters for protein-nucleic acids simulations. In particular I would
like to know from your experience, whether the 12-6-4 set is really
necessary for monovalent ions or whether either of the 12-6 sets (HFE
and IOD) are still reasonable choices for typical simulations with
neutralizing ions and some 150 mM additional salt .

Did anyone compare these parameters with the Smith&Dang parameters ?

Did anyone use the 12-6-4 set in NAMD ? Is NAMD able to read the
additional lines necessary in the AMBER topology files ?

Thanks for any insights ..

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory