[AMBER] Paramfit, negative bond parameters

From: David Poole <thepoole.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:53:41 -0800

Hello all,

Thanks for you past advice, I've not been replying to posts much but I have
greatly appreciated your help. It has been a long road for this side
project of mine and this should hopefully be the last issue in
parameterization.

I am using the paramfit tool to fit parameters to a number of minimized
structure energies for the liganded ferrous heme systems. But whenever I
use the simplex it sometimes produces negative bond force constants (which
are bad). This almost always occurs if both algorithms are used in sequence.

What can I do to prevent this? Or is this a bug?

-David