Re: [AMBER] Time Step

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 23:10:05 -0800

One chooses timestep based on temperature, roughly speaking - the
faster atoms move, the more often you need to see what they are up to in
order to avoid unrealistic situations that the force field was not
designed for. And the shorter the timestep, the more accurate the
numbers that result, the most accurate being no result when the computer
takes forever :-)

dt * nstlim = simulation time

I'll leave the rest of the math to you.

Bill