Re: [AMBER] bond connections

From: mohammad r <mohammad.r0325.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 08:08:15 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you so much.

    On Monday, December 7, 2015 4:24 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

 On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM, mohammad r <mohammad.r0325.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you Jason,
>

> Finally, I could open it. I used amber7 parm for top fileand amber7
> restart for crd file (vmd 1.9.2 version). I could solve this problemby
> using pdb4amber command (using --nohyd –dry flags) and preparing the
> pdbfile for tleap and after getting new top and crd files those absurd
> bonds do not exist anymore. Was thatthe only problem with my files?

​I don't know.  It was clearly the most obvious problem, but there too many
problems that I know about (and probably more that I don't) to say that
your files are problem-free.  The only time I feel confident saying that
files do not have problems are when I've prepared them.

Also, I recommend you visit the tutorials -- http://ambermd.org/tutorials.
In particular, the one about using VMD with Amber addresses precisely this
issue (and does more to help you use VMD successfully with Amber).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher