Re: [AMBER] bond connections

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:39:04 -0500

I have attached a copy of the image that I get when I run the command

vmd -parm7 amber.top -rst7 amber.crd

You can clearly see some absurd bonds, which *are* defined in the prmtop
file (which is why they're rendered). When you visualize GRO or PDB files
with VMD, the bonds are drawn by distance so you don't these long bonds do
not seem to be present. But in the prmtop file they are, which is causing
your problem.

So this is your problem. You have to figure out where those came from and
prevent it from happening. ParmEd *did* actually convert the files to
GROMACS correctly, the problem was in your original Amber files.

HTH,
Jason

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University