Re: [AMBER] (too) high absolute values for charges using resp and gaussian

From: Jérémie Knoops <jeremie.knoops.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:06:55 +0100

Hi,

The antechamber "automated way" to determine RESP charges, as reported
here: http://www.ub.edu/cbdd/?q=content/gaussian-09-and-antechamber12 ;
create gaussian input files with the following keywords: iop(6/33=2)
iop(6/42=6) iop(6/50=1).

But it seems that using iop(6/50=1) only is a better way to get well
balanced charges for the amber & gaff forcefields.For example, only this
keyword is mentionned In the gaussian manual (
http://www.gaussian.com/g_tech/g_ur/k_population.htm ).

Why are those extra keywords iop(6/33=2) & iop(6/42=6) added in
the automated way?

*Jérémie Knoops*

*PhD StudentLaboratory for Chemistry of Novel Materials
<http://morris.umh.ac.be/default.aspx>*
*University of Mons* <http://portail.umons.ac.be/en2/>