Re: [AMBER] ions cannot be viewed in gaussview

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:50:02 -0400

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Martina Devi <martinadevi2011.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Amber users
>
> I used the loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p command to place the Na ions
> around the system.
>
> loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p
>
> addions sample Na+ 0

​Try replacing Na+ with NA.​

> Though the parameter and coordinates file are generated and contain the
> ions, the Na ions cannot be viewed in gaussview. So am I missing any step
> that the Na ions cannot be viewed. Any suggestion will be of help.

​I'm not sure why Gaussview would struggle with the Na+ atoms. Are you
feeding Gaussview a PDB file? How did you make whatever file you're
feeding to Gaussview?

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher