Re: [AMBER] Best suitable 'igb' value for MMPBSA.py calculation

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:23:29 -0700

Just my 2c since we are also looking at this. In general, this is case
dependent. So you'll have to investigate your own system by trying
different models.

Another issue is don't just look at R or R^2, also look at RMSD of
relative binding free energies. Correlation coefficients strongly
depend on the range of data used. Since absolute binding free energies
by MMPBSA are usually very large, these correlation measures look good
"on paper", but the RMSD of relative free energies may not be great
for a given model.

Similar statement can be said about the entropy term. Often times, the
correlation measures are reduced when the entropy term is added since
the absolute numeric ranges are reduced, but RMSD may improve. If you
look at correlations only, you'd think use of the entropy term is bad
for MMPBSA calculations.

All the best,
Ray
--