[AMBER] aMD: Bad data for namelist object ethreshp

From: Claire Coderch Boué <anyron.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:29:56 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

I'm currently starting to work with Accelerated molecular dynamics, and I
am having a weird line in the amd.out.

My amd.in file is the one found in the aMD tutorial (
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial22/) modified in the
ethreshd, alphad, alphad and alphad to mach my system:

vt-continue
 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
  nstlim=50000000,dt=0.002,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,ig=-1,
  cut=10.0, ntb=1, ntp=0,
  ntpr=1000, ntwx=1000,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  temp0=300.0,ioutfm=1,iwrap=1,
  iamd=3,
  ethreshd=2218.9428, alphad=120.4,
  ethreshp=−26992.9436, alphap=199860.5,
 /

When I run the calculation I instantly get this message in the terminal:

Bad data for namelist object ethreshp

But the calculation carries on and upon inspection of the amd.out I find a
weird line:

Note: ig = -1. Setting random seed to 420367 based on wallclock time in
      microseconds.
| Using Accelerated MD (AMD) RASING VALLEYS to enhance sampling iamd = 3
| AMD boost to total energy: EthreshP,alphaP 0.000000000000
199860.500000000000
| AMD boost to dihedrals: EthreshD,alphaD 2218.942800000000
120.400000000000

From where I deduce that ethreshp value is not being read.

Can anyone give me some insight on what can be happening?
Thank you very much,

Claire
claire.coderchboue.ceu.es
Faculty of Pharmacy