Re: [AMBER] Problem configuring amber14

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:38:34 -0400

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Mochena, Mogus D. <mogus.mochena.famu.edu>
wrote:

> I have downloaded ambertools and trying to configure following
> instructions from amber15.pdf. My operating system is Mac O S X 10.11 (El
> Captan). I have used Xcode 7.0.1 to get gnu compilers gcc and g++; gfortran
> was not included, so I installed it separately.

​How did you install it? Because the error you are getting is likely
caused by how you installed gfortran. Since Amber relies on cross-linking
Fortran and C codes, libgfortran is needed at link time to compile many
programs. If it's not available, Amber won't work.

The typical way that we recommend users get gfortran is through MacPorts.
You can see my Mac tutorial here: http://jswails.wikidot.com/mac-os-x

It's a bit dated, but getting MacPorts installed and getting gcc installed
should still be up-to-date.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University