[AMBER] MMPBSA tutorial A3.2

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:17:02 +0300

Dear Amber colleagues,

I am doing all the MMPBSA tutorials, and I found consistently that while the GENERALISED BORN results are almost identical to the tutorial (using the tutorial .mdrcd and .prmtop files) the POISSON BOLTZMANN results are completely different. As I said I only did the MMPBSA.py calculation, using given files. For example using the following command for tutorial files A 3.2 (http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/py_script/section2.htm <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/py_script/section2.htm>) I got the following FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat file, which as you see for the POISSON BOLTZMANN yields a much lower DELTA TOTAL -6.6887 compared to the tutorial DELTA G binding = -41.7256 !!

Why is that?????

As explained above the GENERALISED BORN results are much more similar, for my calculation is DELTA TOTAL -52.3853 and the tutorial is DELTA G binding = -52.2672. That is great.

I used the command and input files provided on the tutorial:

MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp 1err.solvated.prmtop -cp complex.prmtop -rp receptor.prmtop -lp ligand.prmtop -y *.mdcrd

I want to test this method on several systems, so it’s important for me to understand the differences…. any hint will really help me. The same happens on 3.1 so I suspect there is something different or wrong with the calculation.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

Dr. Fabian Glaser

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il