Re: [AMBER] sander missing from AmberTools15?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:56:58 -0400

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM, David A Case <
dacase.scarletmail.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
>
> > ...or did something go wrong with my installation if a sander binary
> > wasn't built? Anyplace in particular I should look?
>
> Yes, something went wrong. Clues are presumably in the output of the "make
> install" step. One idea: save that output to a file, e.g.
>
> make install | tee install.log
>
> so you won't lose things as the scroll off the screen. But I'm a little
> surprised that such a failure didn't halt the install process and leave the
> error starting at you on the terminal....

​minor addendum to this:

make install 2>&1 | tee install.log

Helpful error messages are often (always?) printed to stderr, so you need
to capture that stream as well for the log file to be more helpful. (Note
this is /bin/sh or /bin/bash syntax, >& is used instead of >&1 in cshell, I
think).

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University