Re: [AMBER] AmberTools14 configuration problem

From: David A Case <dacase.scarletmail.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:00:32 -0400

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015, Ivanov, Maxim wrote:

> I am having troubles configuring AmberTools14 on my local machine (OS X
> 10.10.1). In particular, there is something wrong with the NetCDF.
> I have gcc, g++ and gfortran (all are version 5.2.0) installed with brew
> in /usr/local/bin

I'm not sure that any Amber developer has yet tested gcc 5.2 (I've only gone
to 5.1). You could try to see if the latest netcdf (not the one bundled with
the AmberTools tarball) can be built on your machine. If so, you could
use the --with-netcdf flag to configure to point to that location.

I didn't find any reports of problems with netcdf and gcc 5.2 in a cursory
search, but maybe something is out there. Does brew supply a netcdf?
You can get it from macports, but then (one assumes) you might need/want
to use the macports version of gcc.

....dac