Re: [AMBER] "Vlimit exceeded for step..." error

From: David A Case <dacase.scarletmail.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:56:32 -0400

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015, Vu Truong wrote:

> Thanks for your response. Yes, I do have nitrogen molecules in my system
> which is non-standard residues. So do you think if the cut-off distance may
> also be the reason for that error?

There is no reason, per se, that N2 molecules should cause problems, but
double-check the Lennard-Jones and bond parameters you are using. Try a short
simulations without the N2 to see if the vlimit messages go away. Look for
short contacts between the N2 and other atoms in the system.

...good luck....dac