Re: [AMBER] What is the best way to study a dynamics route of a molecule to enter a protein

From: Mohammad Salem <mohammad.alaraby.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:44:10 -0600

Hi All,

I’m on the same project, so may be I would explain more:

We are using a green fluorescent protein whose chromophore is removed. The protein then has a barrel-shaped structure and there is a hollow space inside that can accommodate a molecule (chromophore). We then have an idea about the pose it should assume in the pocket. We want to see whether the molecule would like to get inserted into the interior of the barrel if we have the protein and the molecule freely in solution.

Does this sound reasonable to do with umbrella sampling in AMBER?