Re: [AMBER] Solvent accessible surface area (SASA) calculation in CPPTRJ

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 19:29:15 +0300

I’m jumping in this one as I have a similar situation.

Following the suggested procedure (i.e. "A + B - (AB) will give you the buried area”) for:

1. dimer (no ligands) and
2. dimer plus ligands

and assuming that 2 > 1, would it be legitimate to assume that the difference in buried area is due to the ligands?

In the affirmative is there a way to validate this?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Regards

George