Re: [AMBER] upgrading to AT15 (from AT14)

From: Massimiliano Porrini <m.porrini.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:28:46 +0200

On 21 August 2015 at 13:58, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015, Massimiliano Porrini wrote:
> >
> > By the way, I think that a message line in your script *update_amber*
> that
> > tells the
> > user to first uninstall amber (that is to run _make uninstall_) before
> > (re)configuring
> > and (re)installing is missing.
>
> Hi Max:
>
> The "make uninstall" step should not be needed for most users. It's not
> clear
> what happened in your case. It looks like you may have changed compilers
> at
> some point along the way, although it is possible that something else bad
> happened.

​Aw! OK Dave. I thought that ​the step "make uninstall" was anyhow
necessary.
I can't remember any change(s) I made on the compilers though.
Maybe it was due to some updates of the OS..?
Anyway, whatever happened, it can be classified as a systematic
change/mistake,
in that I had exactly the same error on all the 9 servers on which Amber
and AT
were installed, and I have been doing exactly the same compilations and
updates
on all the 9 servers.
​The important thing​ is that at each installation I made, both Amber and
AT passed all the
test cases (serial and parallel) with no errors and only few failures ;)

> We might add a message pointing to "make uninstall" if users
> encounter compiling problems.

​That would help anyway ;)
Max

> Thanks for the feedback.....dac

Dr Massimiliano Porrini
BiophyMS Team
U869 ARNA - Inserm / Bordeaux University
Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie (IECB)
2, rue Robert Escarpit
33607 Pessac Cedex
FRANCE
Tel   : 33 (0)5 40 00 63 31