Re: [AMBER] ImportError: No module named mcpb.gene_model_files

From: Marcelo Andrade Chagas <andrade.mchagas.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:05:36 -0300

Dear Dan ...

I had already installed the amber14 ...

then I tried to update the latest version of ambertools15

I used the command ./update_amber --upgrade "

I noticed that the executable file MCPB.py was not created in the folder bin

So I decided to reinstall the program by downloading the new amber
AmberTools15

then show the folders contained in the used directory.

then follow the commands I used:

[lqcmm.gibbs AMBER]$ ls
amber14 Amber14.tar.bz2 AmberTools14.tar.bz2 AmberTools15.tar.bz2

tar xvfj AmberTools15.tar.bz2

tar xvfj Amber14.tar.bz2

export AMBERHOME=/home/lqcmm/AMBER/amber14

as I am using centOS (yum)

sudo yum install csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev \
zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev patch python-tk python-matplotlib

after it appeared a message that no file was found
to update as soon proceeded with the installation

./configure --help

./configure gnu

source /home/lqcmm/AMBER/amber14/amber.sh

make install

make test

It was informed that the installation was completed

now appears in the bin folder executable MCPB.py

[lqcmm.gibbs bin]$ ls
acdoctor charmmgen fftw-wisdom
makeDIST_RST mmE nccopy parmcal
process_mdout.perl sander superimposer UnitCell
addles charmmlipid2amber.py fftw-wisdom-to-conf
matextract mm_pbsa_nabnmode ncdump parmchk
process_minout.perl sander.LES sviol xaLeap
add_pdb ChBox fix_new_inpcrd_vel
matgen mm_pbsa.pl ncgen parmchk2
PropPDB saxs sviol2 xleap
AddToBox cphstats frcmod2xml
matmerge MMPBSA.py ncgen3 parmed.py
protonator saxs_md teLeap xparmed.py
am1bcc cpinutil.py func
matmul mmpbsa_py_energy nef_to_RST pbsa
pymdpbsa senergy tinker_to_amber yacc
ambmask cpptraj gbnsr6
MCPB mmpbsa_py_nabnmode new2oldparm pdb4amber
pytleap sequenceAligner tleap
ambpdb database hcp_getpdb
MCPB.py mm_pbsa_statistics.pl new_crd_to_dyn pdbSearcher
reduce sgldinfo.sh transform
antechamber elsize hybrid
mdgx molsurf new_to_old_crd PdbSearcher.py
residuegen sgldwt.sh translate
ante-MMPBSA.py espgen makeANG_RST
mdnab MTKppConstants nf-config pmemd
resp softcore_setup.py tss_init
atomtype fantasian makeCHIR_RST mdout2pymbar.pl
nab nmode pmemd.amoeba respgen
sqm tss_main
bondtype FEW.pl make_crd_hg
mdout_analyzer.py nab2c OptC4.py prep2xml
rism1d stats tss_next
capActiveSite ffgbsa makeDIP_RST.cyana
minab nc-config paramfit prepgen
rism3d.snglpnt stdLib2Sdf ucpp
[lqcmm.gibbs bin]$

however, when used MCPB.py program the following message appears:

[lqcmm.gibbs bin]$ MCPB.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lqcmm/AMBER/amber14/bin/MCPB.py", line 46, in <module>
    from mcpb.gene_model_files import get_ms_resnames, gene_model_files
ImportError: No module named mcpb.gene_model_files

I hope to have clearer acid (desulpe by the English because I'm getting
better)

I await suggestions

thanks

Marcelo A. Chagas

Marcelo Andrade Chagas, MSc
(PhD student)
Laboratório de Química Computacional e Modelagem Molecular - LQC-MM
* http://lqcmm.qui.ufmg.br/
Departamento de Química da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
Tel:(31)3409-5776