Re: [AMBER] RMSD and average value of interatomic distance?

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 14:49:14 +0000

Dear Jason and Adrian,

Many thanks for your advices.
I have send to amber list my replay on your emails
but it seems that my second email didn't arrive.
In short: I didn't succeed. Please find details below
in a copy of my second email.
What I need is your correction of my wrong command.

> I have read again the cpptraj tutorial you recommended.
> I have defined topology and trajectory as well as strip
> water and counter ions. Unfortunately, the command
> for setting distance between two atoms is absent in the tutorial,
> so I have constructed the following command:
>
>> distance ser_hid iat= 906,1568 out dist_ser_hid.agr
> Error: distance: Requires 2 masks
> Error: Could not initialize action [distance]
>
> As you see that was wrong because of the iat= 906,1568 parameter.
> Please give me the correct command variant.
>
> Thank you,
> Michael

*****************************
Michael Shokhen, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry
Bar Ilan University,
Ramat Gan, 52900
Israel
On 8/15/15 10:12 AM, Michael Shokhen wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I have read again the cpptraj tutorial you recommended.
> I have defined topology and trajectory as well as strip
> water and counter ions. Unfortunately, the command
> for setting distance between two atoms is absent in the tutorial,
> so I have constructed the following command:
>
>> distance ser_hid iat= 906,1568 out dist_ser_hid.agr
> Error: distance: Requires 2 masks
> Error: Could not initialize action [distance]
>
> As you see that was wrong because of the iat= 906,1568 parameter.
> Please give me the correct command variant.
>
> Thank you,
> Michael
>

> *****************************
> Michael Shokhen, PhD