Re: [AMBER] acetylate and ammoniate

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:10:30 -0400

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 8:23 AM, mohammad r <mohammad.r0325.yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi;
> How can I acetylate and ammoniate a peptide by using ambertools?Thank you,
> Mohammad.

​Assuming you are referring to the terminal caps of a peptide chain, then
you can cap the N-terminus with an ACE cap either by adding that residue to
the beginning of the PDB file or by putting that residue first if you are
using the "sequence" command in tleap. I'm not sure if there's an easier
way when starting from a PDB file than trying to model it into the PDB
itself somehow. (All you *really* need to add is a single atom from the
residue -- tleap will add the rest.)

​I'm not sure what you mean by "ammoniate", but it may be that the NHE cap
will do what you want (analogous to the ACE cap on the N-terminus).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher