[AMBER] Overflow of the Fortran format used to store coordinates in the inpcrd/restart files.

From: Amber mail <amber.auc14.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:18:16 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

Wish you are fine

I performed a 80 ns MD simulation in 8 stages, using AMBER12, each stage
for 10 ns.

*Description of the simulation:*

I used this md control file for all stages

Production
 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  ntx=5,
  irest=1,
  nstlim=5000000,
  dt=0.002,
  ntf=2,
  ntc=2,
  temp0=310.0,
  tempi=310.0,
  ntpr=5000,
  ntwx=5000,
  cut=8.0,
  ntb=2,
  ntp=1,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
 /

*The Error*:

70 ns MD simulation was performed without any problems, but the 8th
stage(at 80 ns) failed due to this error below:

> | ERROR: I could not understand line 8358
> 56.2239165************-423.4551515 56.1995897************-423.0909738
>
> *s in the inpcrd file often indicate an overflow of the Fortran format used
> to store coordinates in the inpcrd/restart files. This often happens when
> coordinates are not wrapped into the center cell (when iwrap = 0) and some
> particles diffuse too far away. Try restarting from your last good restart
> file and setting iwrap=1 or using a NetCDF restart file format. See the
> Amber manual for details
> "mol500008.out" 58L, 3283C
> 58,1 Bot
>
> I've checked the mailing list for a similar error, but It was not clear
enough for me.

*The question is:*

Regarding the sentence from the mdout file, "Try restarting from your last
good restart file ", how can I know how good the restart file is? does this
simply mean a restart file from a completed stage?!

Is the solution to this just by setting iwrap=1 and resume the 8th stage
using the restart file from the 7th stage, or I have to repeat all the MD
simulation with setting iwrap=1 ?!

Does just setting iwrap=1 and resuming the simulation with the 8th stage
affect the results of the MD simulation?

I also want to point out that I managing to run the MD simulation till 100
ns.

Thanks in advance!