Re: [AMBER] Error while running leap for a protein containing Co2+

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 10:21:23 -0400

Hi,

You might want to check out one of the advanced tutorials by Pengfei on the
amber site for getting parameters for metals in proteins- I think it's 18?

Also, I feel obliged to point out that unless you have a specific reason
for sticking to AmberTools12 (which I'm assuming you're using), then you
should upgrade to Amber15, especially since I think some of the things for
this were updated in the AmberTools15 release.

Best,

Kenneth

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Suchetana Gupta <tutulg.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear AMBER Users
> I am trying to run LeaP for a metalloprotein. Cobalt 2+ is the metal
> involved. Here is the input of my leap.in file:
>

> source leaprc.ff99SB
> source leaprc.gaff
> loadoff atomic_ions.lib
> #i know I should add a frcmod file here with vdW parameters for Co
> ACHE = loadpdb cda_co.pdb
> savepdb ACHE cda_co_out.pdb
> saveAmberParm ACHE cda_co.top cda_co.crd
> quit
>

> The error that I am getting is
>
> Building topology.
> Building atom parameters.
> For atom: .R<CO 230>.A<CO 1> Could not find vdW (or other) parameters for
> type: Co2+
> Parameter file was not saved.
> Quit
>
> I use AMBER12.
> How do I go about solving it?
> Not able to locate vdW parameters for Co2+ anywhere. Can someone please
> share?
> Thanks
> Suchetana

Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned
here could not dream of heaven?