Re: [AMBER] Error while running leap for a protein containing Co2+

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 10:30:36 -0400

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Suchetana Gupta <tutulg.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear AMBER Users
> I am trying to run LeaP for a metalloprotein. Cobalt 2+ is the metal
> involved. Here is the input of my leap.in file:
>

> source leaprc.ff99SB
> source leaprc.gaff
> loadoff atomic_ions.lib
> #i know I should add a frcmod file here with vdW parameters for Co
> ACHE = loadpdb cda_co.pdb
> savepdb ACHE cda_co_out.pdb
> saveAmberParm ACHE cda_co.top cda_co.crd
> quit
>

> The error that I am getting is
>
> Building topology.
> Building atom parameters.
> For atom: .R<CO 230>.A<CO 1> Could not find vdW (or other) parameters for
> type: Co2+
> Parameter file was not saved.
> Quit
>
> I use AMBER12.
> How do I go about solving it?

​Upgrade to AmberTools 15 and load the parameter file
frcmod.ionslrcm_cm_tip3p
​ where you put:

#i know I should add a frcmod file here with vdW parameters for Co

 Not able to locate vdW parameters for Co2+ anywhere. Can someone please
> ​​

share?

​These parameters are part of AmberTools 15.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher