Re: [AMBER] Arsenic force field parametrization

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 11:28:07 -0400

Hi Shilpa,

I checked the ORCA program and found that it could generate Hessian matrix
very easily, which can be used for the force constant calculation. But it
could not perform Merz-Kollman charge calculation. There is a replacement
for that which is called CHELPG charge calculation, but it is not easy to
generate the charge points on the surface of molecule for the procedures
are complicated, while these points are needed for the RESP charge fitting.
So up to now ORCA can not be a totally replacement for Gaussian. I will
still try to find free-charge replacement in the future.

Best,
Pengfei

--
Pengfei Li