Re: [AMBER] Arsenic force field parametrization

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:18:14 -0400

Dear Shilpa,

Sorry for the late reply due to I am a little bit busy these days.

Do you expect the coordinate number to change or not for the metal site? If
no change, I recommended you to use the bonded model.

I am trying to add support for ORCA, a charge-free QM program from MCPB.py.
The related change will be added into AmberTools15 in future bugfix.

Best,
Pengfei

> Another option for forcefield parametrization is the RED Server. I use
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/ . There is a
> tutorial on how to use the server:
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php
> Francois on the RED mailing list just responded to someone also dealing
> with arsenic parameter issues a few days ago. He suggested they look at
> the following tutorial as a guide to parametrize arsenic using the RED
> Server, http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4-demo21.pdf
>
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Sushi Shilpa <sushishilpa.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Amber users.
> >
> > I want to simulate a protein which has Arsenic binding to three
> cystiens, I
> > read the discussions about metalion forcefield parametrization using MCPB
> > and MCPB.py. Since metaloid is binding with three cystiens which model
> > should use bonded model or non bonded model. if yes I don't have Gaussian
> > program, Is there any other way for geometry optimization.
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Shilpa T

> Andrew Schaub
> Graduate Program in Chemical & Structural Biology
> Tsai Lab, http:///www.tsailabuci.com/ <http://www.tsailabuci.com/>
> University of California, Irvine
> Irvine, CA 92697-2280
> 949-824-8829 (lab)