Re: [AMBER] Quasi-harmonic Approximation Using a Trajectory Stripped of Hydrogens

From: Laura Tociu <ltociu.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:40:06 -0400

Thank you both!

Yes, I was saving frames every 20 femtoseconds in order to obtain that many
frames (I had 5 ns of equilibrated trajectory I wanted to use). It seems
like that is bad because the frames are not decorrelated. What exactly is a
good time step for entropy calculation? Around 1 ps?

One more question: If I use only the alpha carbons, what do I do with the
ligand, which is free arginine? If I represent it just by one atom, its
alpha atom, it seems a little weird. Should I include all of the arginine's
atoms both in the compex trajectory and the arginine trajectory? Or does it
not make a big difference what I do with the arginine since its entropy
will be small compared to that of the complex and receptor?

Best,

Laura

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk