Re: [AMBER] Antechamber Algorithm for Atom Type

From: Robert Molt <rwmolt07.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:42:08 -0400

Firstly, thank you very much for your time and expertise, Jason and
Hannes. We all have much to do, and appreciate your emails.

Jason, I just attempted to use parmchk2 (I did not know of the command
before your email). I have a very vague sense of what's going on using
this command from the manual. Can you give me some guidance as to where
I might understand more about the scoring? For example, I produce
penalty scores for dihedrals of 232 and an improper dihedral of 41.2...I
have absolutely no sense on what this indicates on parameter quality. A
quick google search just brought up questions of segmentation faults
associated with it.

In my incredible ignorance of force fields, I would think the parameter
for dihedrals of such a planar aromatic molecule are going to be
similar? That they will all be equally un-floppy?

--
Dr. Robert Molt Jr.
r.molt.chemical.physics.gmail.com