Re: [AMBER] An Amber Lipid Force Field Tutorial: problem with shell script

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:02:13 -0500

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015, Chris Gaughan wrote:

> I have been having a hard time getting the vmd_box_dims.sh script that
> interacts with VMD to get the solvated box dimensions.
> I have installed amber on a MacBook Air running OSX Yosemite.
>
> ./vmd_box_dims_zap_OS.sh -i amber_tut_DOPC.pdb -s water
> ./vmd_box_dims_zap_OS.sh: line 41: vmd: command not found

Yes, it looks like vmd is not in your PATH. On Mac's the vmd executable
will be located is a place like this:

    /Applications/VMD\ 1.9.1.app/Contents/vmd/vmd_MACOSXX86

You may have to alter the script to point to this, or create a symlink called
"vmd" (that is in your PATH) that points to this executable.

....dac