[AMBER] An Amber Lipid Force Field Tutorial: problem with shell script

From: Chris Gaughan <clgaughan68.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:02:58 -0800

Hello,
I have been having a hard time getting the vmd_box_dims.sh script that interacts with VMD to get the solvated box dimensions.
I have installed amber on a MacBook Air running OSX Yosemite.
When I try to run the script as follows I get the associated error ie:

./vmd_box_dims_zap_OS.sh -i amber_tut_DOPC.pdb -s water
./vmd_box_dims_zap_OS.sh: line 41: vmd: command not found
(standard_in) 2: parse error
(standard_in) 2: parse error
(standard_in) 2: parse error
Note: the I altered the script to conform to Unix format with Textwrangler (actually to Mac OS/linux). Can someone see what I'm doing wrong here?
Is it that VMD is not in my path? I've tried several ways to do so but have obviously failed. Is that even the problem?
Many thanks for any advice