Re: [AMBER] Calculation of the number of internal waters during md simulation

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:23:24 +0100

Hi Dan,

Thanks for ideas again! Here what I've done:

1) firstly below is my leap script for the visualization of water density
using grid (still in amber tools 12)

# focus on some area of interest- ligand within the receptor's cavirt
center :290 mass origin
image origin center

#make rmsf fit
rms first mass out rms-grid :4-9,16-21
grid test.dat 100 0.5 100 0.5 100 0.5 :WAT.O*

2)now when I load it to the VMD I didn't see any visualization of water
density although all data has been loaded correctly. Should I switch some
option in VMD for that?

vmd > edmplugin) EOF sentinel != -9999
Info) Analyzing Volume...
Info) Grid size: 100x100x100 (15 MB)
Info) Total voxels: 1000000
Info) Min: 0.000000 Max: 639.000000 Range: 639.000000
Info) Computing volume gradient map for smooth shading
Info) Added volume data, name=test.dat : X-PLOR Electron Density Map

3) Is it possible to compare density from several trajectories using some
numerical data besides of the visualization?

James