Re: [AMBER] Calculation of the number of internal waters during md simulation

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 07:43:25 -0700

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:58 AM, James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com> wrote:
> Warning: AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/+SOFTWARE/amber12].
> No changes will be made until this is fixed
> SetupError: Making changes has been disabled because AMBERHOME is not set
> correctly or the updater has been moved from AMBERHOME.
>
> should I remove ambertools folder explicitly from the AMBERHOME and install
> AmberTools14 from the source?

Unless you're hurting for space, you can just extract the AmberTools
14 tarball in a separate directory and set AMBERHOME to that. Since
pmemd is the only non-free program in Amber 14 (and does not need
AMBERHOME set I believe) you can then leave AMBERHOME set to your
AmberTools 14 directory. See Jason Swails page for more detailed
instructions on installing Amber: http://jswails.wikidot.com/#toc10

> 2) Using GRID from amber-tools-12 I've obtained several output.dat files
> for each of the system under analysis - each of whicvh is looks like
>
> This line is ignored
> 1
> rdparm generated grid density
> how it would be better to compare it using some visualization in VMD for
> instance?

This format is XPLOR density, which VMD can read.

-Dan